Sunday 15 July 2012

Less is more

Half of my life lies inside this house. Books, photos, study notes, carpets, lamps, mugs, travel memories, vases, candle holders... You name it – it's there. Stored in an outhouse at my brother's place, this pile of belongings has come to represent the part of me which is still firmly rooted in Sweden. I have left it there for 'when I come back' – whenever that will happen... These (20 or so) boxes will now have to be moved, as the house in which they reside is currently being thoroughly refurbished.


The moment has come. I am heading home (note the choice of word...) to sort out my stuff, throw away what I don't need and give away some of the things I gathered in my pre-English life. 
The rest, the things which are dear to me and which I simply do not want to live without – I will bring back to England. Well, as much as I can squeeze into my Volvo, that is. Haven't got a clue what to do with the rest...

Like an inverted Viking, I shall be crossing the North Sea. Not to pillage and plunder, but to sort out a part of my life. 

3 comments:

  1. A little pillage & plundering might make you feel better about it though :) Hope it goes ok.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I do think this is a great blog. I stumbledupon it ;) I will return once again since I book marked it.

    Money and freedom is the best way to change, may
    you be rich and continue to guide other people.
    Look at my site - Employment for Felons

    ReplyDelete