Thursday 12 April 2012

Clematis with a difference

This year, I spent Easter in the UK. I cannot remember when that happened last – I usually spend it back home in Sweden, with painted eggs, pickled herring, salmon, bunches of birch twigs decorated with multi-coloured feathers and 'Easter eggs' filled with sweets.
However, this year I went home the week before Easter, for Mum's birthday. On the last day, whilst rolling my suitcase to the railway station, I passed a shop selling Easter feathers. 
It was then I had THE IDEA.
 

As birch trees are far and few between in England, I had to make do with what I could find in the garden. So far, I have had no complaints from the neighbours, but I'm pretty sure they were wondering what they were looking at, that Good Friday morning. Oh well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment