Saturday 18 April 2009

Spring has sprung

Another trip to Sweden has come to an end. Doing the last leg of my journey now, on a train from London Waterloo to Exeter St Davids, taking me through the green and pleasant land. It's fascinating to follow the "spread of Spring". I left England just over a week ago and most things were green and in flower - equivalent to late May in Sweden.

The no frills airline Ryan Air brought me to a Sweden who could offer a few green shoots, but she still had ice on her lakes. After a week however, you could see the beginning of buds on trees and the ice breaking up in the intense Easter sunshine. Unbeatable feeling.

I have just left behind a London in bloom, with green trees and happy people enjoying the good weather. (Or maybe they are happy because they've got a ticket to Wembley for the 5.15 kick-off this afternoon?)

No comments:

Post a Comment